Breed: German Short-Hair Pointer
Birthday: October 14, 2010
Rescued: September 26, 2019
Status: Available for Adoption
- Has a few age related lumps on his body
- Monty is an affectionate and energetic boy.
- Monty very much enjoys opportunities to hang out with people, especially when it involves playing fetch.
- Walks nicely on leash, although much prefers to run around off leash.
- Exhibits some reactivity to people and other dogs while behind a fence, but once he’s with people, he stops and is very happy to go about his own activities.
- Bonds strongly with people.
- Can get a bit possessive of what he views as his.
- Monty’s energy level is moderate to high and would benefit from daily interactive outdoor activities, especially if it involves exploring or fetch. As a senior, however, it is important that he is provided with down time after time spent burning his energy.
- He would be best suited to a home with only adults, as he can get a bit possessive of his toys. He would likely do well in a home with dog-savvy kids around 14 years or older.
- Monty would be best suited in a home without other animals: dogs, cats or small animals.
- Although he prefers his time off leash and his good recall, it is essential for his new owner to understand that he is not suited to going to a dog park. For this reason, a fenced in yard is a must.