Birthday: February 26, 2013
Rescued: March 28, 2016
Re-Homed: May 28, 2016
- Some food sensitivities. Does well on grain free Lamb & Rice or Salmon & Sweet Potato food.
- Abbee is a very affectionate girl, especially around those she knows and trusts.
- She may be a little shy around new people and unfamiliar situations. She does warm up to people quickly but may, at times, let her shyness get the better of her.
- Loves to go for walks and enjoys opportunities to socialize with other dogs on a regular basis.
- Leash skills could use some improvement. She pulls when she is excited to see something or go somewhere, and she may get a bit leash proud when meeting others.
- Once she has bonded with someone, she can become quite protective of that person.
- She has demonstrated some guarding behaviours of food, toys and high value items, especially around other dogs. She is learning to trade items for a treat and training is progressing well.
- Driven by touch and very food motivated, which makes training easy.
- Tolerates grooming well.
- Loves to be around her people and would relish any opportunity to participate in family activities.
- Knows basic obedience commands (sit, down, stay, give paw).
- Abbee would be best suited to a home in which people are around for a large portion of each day.
- Her moderate energy level can easily be satisfied with daily walks and some play time.
- She could live with another dog, she tolerates all breeds and sizes well. She may tell them off if she is tired of playing, or if she is looking for affection from someone.
- A fenced yard is recommended.
- Not tested with cats, no young children.
- She would benefit from a family that is committed to working at improving some of her leash skills and understands her guarding tendencies.
- Experience with large breeds, especially Rottweilers, is an asset.