Breed: Mixed Breed
Rescued: May 22, 2015
Re-Homed: August 22, 2015
Blood Donor: N/A
- He has received a clean bill of health but came to us a little underweight. He has gained a couple of pounds since being with us and could stand to gain a few more.
- Aslan has yet to be neutered. This will happen before he can be adopted and only after he gains a bit more weight.
- Aslan is a happy-go-lucky guy with a sweet personality and a love of affection.
- He loves to chase and play catch with his toys.
- His energy level is moderate and if not exercised regularly, may find his own sources of entertainment.
- He does get a little vocal when excited about something but settles nicely after he gets what it is that he’s after (attention, food, a walk, etc.)
- Aslan is currently attending a Basic Obedience class and progressing very well with his training.
- He does tend to pull quite a bit on leash. His new owners would need to take an active roll in correcting this behaviour.
- He is a very people-oriented dog.
- A fenced yard is a must. Aslan’s inquisitive nature may cause him to stray.
- Experience with large breed dogs is an asset.
- Aslan does seem a little wary of sharing food and toys with other dogs but shares well with people.
- He loves to run and play and would thrive in a home with an active family.
- Aslan would be happiest in a home where his people are around for a large portion of the day.
- He gets along with other mild-tempered, non-dominant dogs.
- Has been in a few altercations with his brother (Blue). Although Aslan would never initiate the quarrel, he is not one to stand down if threatened.
- Not tested with cats or children.