Breed: Dogo Argentino
Birthday: February 5, 2011
Rescued: November 24, 2014
Re-Homed: September 10, 2015
- Pancreatitis- managing well on dietary restrictions and low-fat foods
- Sweet, mild tempered girl that loves attention and affection.
- Loves people time but is also content to curl up on her bed and lounge away the afternoon.
- Reaction to allergies seems to be the reason for her chewing on her feet, we are working at determining the cause of the allergies.
- Great with people, may bark a few times to announce that someone new is in the area but greets strangers well.
- Tolerates grooming, including nail trims.
- No food or possession guarding.
- Experience with large breeds is an asset.
- A fenced yard is a must.
- Diamond would thrive in a home where people are around for a large part of the day.
- Has been known to play well with other dogs but can become dominant and may loose patience with equally dominant or high-energy dogs. If there is another dog in the home, they must be determined a suitable match before the adoption process can continue.
- She is good with children but may underestimate her size and strength. She would be best suited to a home without small children or cats.
- Moderate energy level. Playful bursts are a regular occurrence but are usually short lived.
- Enjoys daily walks and free time outside but prefers the company of her people.