Breed: Labrador Retriever Mix
Birthday: November 11, 2006
Rescued: November 17, 2009
Re-Homed: February 17, 2016
Blood Donor: N/A
- Periodically shows sensitivity to left hip.
- Takes Glucosamine on a daily basis (lubricates joints).
- Takes pain relief on a daily basis to help manage arthritis in his back.
- Fun, active boy who loves to run and exert his energy.
- He especially loves anything that involves water, playing ball, or catching sticks.
- Loves to snuggle and is very loyal to his human once he trusts you.
- Highly motivated by training and enjoys learning new tricks. He is also great on the treadmill.
- No food or toy guarding tendencies.
- Has some body sensitivities, but will let you know when he is uncomfortable.
- If uncomfortable, he will show you by moving away and disconnecting.
- Has very sensitive feet, although he is learning to tolerate it, does not like getting his nails trimmed.
- Best walked with a Haltie. Heels well, but can occasionally be reactive to other dogs.
- Active couple would be ideal for Harley.
- No young kids (due to his sensitivities).
- Would be best as a solo dog, or with a female dog.
- Can play rough with a dog whose energy matches his own.
- Fenced yard is a must.
- Positive reinforcement training is the way to go with this dog. He does not do well with a person who forces him to do anything.
- He needs someone to nurture him and teach him.
- Someone with a cottage would be right up Harley’s alley. Harley would be a great dock dog.