Birthday: April 4, 2014
Rescued: August 31, 2016
Re-Homed: February 11, 2017
- Not destructive.
- Very good with grooming.
- Interested in playing beside the water but is not yet a swimmer.
- Mild separation anxiety but could easily be fixed with extra exercise and consistency.
- Does not bark very much except when reacting towards excited/reactive dogs passing by.
- Needs quite a bit of work with socialization with other dogs and animals as he wants to play right away and gets in their personal space too quickly. He is still a little weary/akward around them as he seems to not have had much socialization in his early years. If he can’t get to them, he changes his excitement into reactivity/aggression.
- Very active boy, and would have no issues keeping up in any aerobic activity. He learns very quickly and is a very smart guy, but does need structured boundaries as he gets excitable very quickly which turns into very rough playing.
- With strangers he is a little shy and anxious at first, but once he goes out on multiple structured walks, he bonds and trusts very quickly.
- Tends to avoid situations that involve any restraint or medication.
- Food motivated.
- Knows his basic commands, needs a little work on his recall.
- Best suited to an active family with older/respectful children only.
- Would do well with another playful dog to live with to help spend his energy.
- He would benefit from a family that is committed to working at improving his leash skills and setting boundries.