Birthday: October 27, 2008
Rescued: April 30, 2015
Re-Homed: May 18, 2016
- A benign tumor on front left wrist, presumably caused by Neurofibromatosis, may result in occasional limp.
- Lovely Rotti girl with a great disposition.
- People and dog friendly.
- She is very content to just hang out and watch the world go by.
- Exhibits some “selective” hearing when being called. We are working to improve her recall but she does not stray. She usually meanders around and will come to you when she’s finished checking things out.
- She enjoys being outside and going for walks but mostly just wants to be where her people are.
- Enjoys playtime, training time, and splashing in the water.
- Experience with large breed dogs, especially Rottweiler’s, is an asset but she would be a great first Rotti to those interested in the breed.
- Low-moderate energy level. She does have playful bursts of energy but they are usually short lived.
- Gets a little bit vocal around food time, or if she sees something she wants, but settles nicely once she gets what’s peaked her interest.
- She enjoys meeting new people but gets a little nervous around unfamiliar people wearing hats. Once the hat is removed, she’s happy to say hello.
- She has become accustomed to having her teeth brushed. It would be great if her new owners could commit to regularly scheduled sessions a couple of times per week.
- Not tested with cats but doesn’t seem to have any prey drive.
- Kara would be happiest in a home where there are people around for a large portion of the day.