Breed: German Shepherd Dog
Birthday: June 4, 2010
Rescued: June 24, 2015
Re-Homed: August 19, 2015
Blood Donor: N/A
- Sweet girl with a great personality.
- Faithful and loyal to her Human. Her favourite spot is snuggled up close by her people.
- She is highly attuned to people, and will work at helping you (nudging, licking, etc.) if you are feeling emotional.
- She selects her dog companions carefully, choosing dogs closer to her own size versus smaller breeds.
- Her prey drive is at times present, and her new owner will need to be alert, and quick to respond.
- She enjoys being outside and loves the water.
- Knows many commands.
- Enjoys fetch with her ball.
- Experience with large breed dogs, especially German Shepherds, is an asset.
- Someone active and in good physical health.
- Lucy would be happiest in a home with no other animals and where there are people around for a large portion of the day.
- She will happily take the lead over people and other dogs if her Handler does not know how to lead and motivate her.
- She demonstrates moderate to high energy level, and will require an active owner.
- She will bark at strangers if left unsupervised, but will stop with a firm voice command.
- Hasn’t been tested with cats, only other dogs. She can be reactive with small dogs, especially white dogs.