Breed: Boston Terrier
Birthday: January 5, 2013
Rescued: August 15, 2015
Rehomed: May 2, 2016
Passed: March 12, 2021
- Severe allergy to chicken, and seasonal reactivity to environmental allergens
- This boy has lots of character!
- He LOVES to cuddle.
- He is very clear about his likes and dislikes, and may become quite obstinate when asked to do something he has no desire to do.
- He may become quite vocal when he is in pursuit of something he wants, and even more so if he is denied what it is he’s after.
- He enjoys the company of men, women and children, but may become overly excitable around men and children.
- Murphy enjoys playing with other dogs but may be a bit dominant with some.
- He is motivated by food and affection, training should be positive, low-key and consistent.
- Has lots of love to give, and relishes any opportunity to be involved in family activities.
- Murphy would be best suited in a home where people are around for a large portion of the day.
- He would need someone that is able to commit to regular training and exercise.
- Murphy loves to go for walks but he is best suited to an indoor lifestyle.
- He has a low tolerance for extreme weather conditions.
- A fenced yard is highly recommended.
- Experience with the Boston Terrier breed is an asset.
- He can live with another dog, but one that can tolerate his level of energy and ignores his sometimes less-appealing behaviours is preferred.
- Murphy would need his new owners to strictly enforce his dietary requirements, and provide any means of relieving his allergy discomfort, including, veterinary attention and medications, if necessary.