Breed: Alaskan Malamute
Birthday: January 1, 2012
Rescued: August 27, 2015
Re-Homed: December 24, 2015
- Sweet and affectionate boy that loves to be around people.
- Playful bursts are usually short lived, although when the mood strikes, he does like to play with balls and teddy bears.
- Has low tolerance for hot temperatures and prefers to be where it’s cool on hot days.
- Will tolerate grooming but does not like to have his feet touched.
- Harry is not submissive and, although he won’t normally instigate an altercation with another dog, he won’t be the first to stand down if confronted, especially with males.
- Typical breed vocalizations, he gets pretty chatty when he’s excited about something but settles nicely when asked.
- Walks well on leash but does tend to get a little leash proud around others, especially males.
- Does not demonstrate any food or toy guarding, or territorial behaviours around people.
- Experience with large breed dogs is an asset, especially Malamutes or Husky type breeds.
- A fenced yard is strongly recommended as his inquisitive nature may cause him to stray.
- Harry would not be suited to a home with cats, small dogs or small children.
- Harry could likely live with another dog, but would be best suited to live with a female.
- He loves walks and would need a home that can commit to regular exercise, although he does enjoy the occasional opportunity to let his inner couch potato shine.