Birthday: May 30, 2015
Rescued: March 31, 2016
Re-Homed: May 14, 2016
- Zander is an affectionate boy that greets everyone with a friendly hello.
- Loves to be outside, he enjoys opportunities to play with others and explore his surroundings.
- May be a little shy and reserved in unfamiliar situations but normally comes out of his shell quite quickly.
- Needs a bit of improvement on leash skills, and occasionally demonstrates some jumping and mouthing at hands and arms in play. Consistent reminders have already gone a long way to curb the jumping/mouthing.
- Dog friendly and, typical of his age and breed, he may sometimes underestimate his size and strength and get a little pushy in play.
- He does have a tendency to get protective of food, toys and high value items, especially around other dogs. He will trade items for a treat and can usually be called away from whatever it is he’s guarding.
- Driven by touch and very food motivated.
- He is an intellegent boy with an eager-to-please and attentive personality.
- Zander would be best suited to an active home that provides him with many outlets for his energy, such as: playing fetch, socialization with other dogs, daily walks, etc.
- Moderate energy level, but he will make his own fun if left alone too long without anything to do (i.e. chew on things he shouldn’t).
- He would do well in a home with another dog, provided that dog is able to put up with his ample supply of puppy energy.
- A fenced yard is a must, as his natural curiosity may lead him astray.
- No kids, no cats.
- He would benefit from a family that is committed to working at improving some of his basic leash skills and understands his guarding tendencies.
- Experience with large breeds, especially Rottweilers, is an asset.