Breed: Great Pyrenees
Birthday: July 2006
Rescued: January 7, 2011
Passed: June 18, 2017
Blood Donor: Yes
- Long haired, double coat requires regular grooming to avoid becoming matted.
- Instinctively wary of strangers.
- An incredibly happy and affectionate dog that loves to be with people.
- Playful; enjoys retrieving balls or sticks. Although Bud hasn’t shown us yet that he can swim, he doesn’t seem to mind water.
- Smart; eager to train and being highly motivated by food, is a quick learner.
- No body sensitivities, grooming and trimming nails is no problem.
- No object or food aggression when on his own. Can get a bit protective when in the presence of other dogs, particularly males.
- Can be reactive with other dogs. Bud is strong, so it is important to exercise caution when introducing other dogs.
- Needs an active family that he can be a BIG part of.
- Older kids would be better suited to Bud because of his size and strength.
- Could live with another dog IF it were the right dog. Preferably a female.
- Fenced yard is a must.