Breed: Dogo Argentino
Birthday: February 5, 2011
Rescued: November 24, 2014
Passed: January 20, 2022
Blood Donor: N/A
- Sweet, mild tempered girl that loves attention and affection.
- Functions on a high level, despite her hearing impairment. She is quite adept at using her other senses and is learning to respond to hand signals.
- Loves people time but is also content to curl up on her bed and lounge away the afternoon.
- Reaction to allergies seems to be the reason for her chewing on her feet, we are working at determining the cause of the allergies.
- Great with people, may bark a few times to announce that someone new is in the area but greets strangers well.
- Tolerates grooming, including nail trims.
- No food or possession guarding.
- Very reactive to dogs, especially those that are unfamiliar to her.
- Sensitive feet and prefers not having her feet handled.
- Is reactive towards other dogs, especially larger/higher energy dogs.
- Has a high prey drive and also has a tendency to chase anything that moves quickly (i.e. vehicles).
- Enjoys swimming and sometimes fetch if she is in the mood to play.
- She tends to jump up on people and bump into them when she has her excited/playful bursts of energy (which is not often).
- Does not react well to vet as she associates them with pain (needs a muzzle).
- Is fairly good on-leash if she does not see something she wants to chase, like squirrels or other dogs, for example.
- Usually not destructive but can be when she gets very playful/excited (which is not often).
- Experience with large breeds is an asset.
- A fenced yard is a must.
- Cayenne would thrive in a home where people are around for a large part of the day. She is mostly a couch potato, but a huge cuddle bug.
- Due to Cayenne’s reactivity, she requires a home in which there are no other dogs.
- She is good with children, but may underestimate her size and strength. She would be best suited to a home without small children or cats.
- Moderate energy level. Playful bursts are a regular occurrence but are usually short lived.
- Enjoys daily walks and free time outside but prefers the company of her people.