Breed: Alaskan Sled Dog
Birthday: February 14, 2007
Rescued: August 17, 2008
Passed: July 14, 2020
Blood Donor: Yes
- Susceptible to seasonal cough as weather changes, normally winter-spring and fall-winter. Easily remedied with OTC cough suppressant.
- Can be a little standoffish with unfamiliar people but enjoys the company of people she trusts.
- What Cheyenne lacks in confidence, she makes up for in intelligence.
- She enjoys thinking games and dog puzzle games (anything that requires her to make decisions).
- Sometimes spooks easily by loud noises, sudden movements or raucous surroundings.
- May attempt to flee the scene if she is feeling uncomfortable.
- Has high prey drive and loves to run, swim, and play.
- Likes to learn new things and is very successful at training one-on-one with no distraction.
- Her food drive overrides her fear, so Cheyenne is able to learn to trust.
- Although not particularly driven by touch, she allows herself to be groomed.
- Not the best with other dogs due to her anxious nature, but she has never lived outside of a pack.
- Active but calm lifestyle.
- Needs a patient human who is willing to work her through her shyness and insecurities.
- No kids, due to her insecurities.
- Without another dog in her life she will need much love and attention from her new owner.
- Requires plenty of daily exercise.
- NO CATS.
- A fenced yard is a must.
- Has never lived in a house, so house training and dog-proofing will be necessary.
- Only positive reinforcement should be used to train and interact with this dog.