Breed: Alaskan Sled Dog
Birthday: ~ May 2008
Rescued: August 17, 2008
Passed: September 11, 2019
Blood Donor: Yes
- Bowel obstruction surgery in 2012; he has made a complete recovery and shows no signs of complications.
- Cautious with strangers but will quickly regain his confidence, especially if the new person has treats.
- Extremely affectionate and loyal once he bonds with someone.
- High energy; loves to run, play ball and swim.
- High food, play and prey drive.
- Requires a lot of exercise; has some experience with agility and sledding.
- Is fine with being groomed and allows his nails to be trimmed, although with some hesitation.
- Has no food or body issues.
- He is very curious by nature and will think nothing of quickly swallowing whatever is in his mouth.
- Responds to positive reinforcement training only; interaction and food keeps him engaged.
- Active family that makes him an integral part of their life.
- Requires plenty of daily exercise.
- Would be a wonderful dog with older kids who could match his energy level.
- NO CATS.
- Can live with other dogs if they are the right match.
- A fenced yard is a must for Dingo.
- Has never lived in a house, so house training and dog-proofing will be necessary.
- Need to be diligent about not leaving things laying around that he can chew.
- Only positive reinforcement should be used to train and interact with this dog.