Breed: Alaskan Sled Dog
Birthday: ~ May 2008
Rescued: August 17, 2008
Passed: February 2, 2021
Blood Donor: Yes
- Shy and a little untrusting of strangers, but warms up fast.
- Thrives on affection and attention and can be sneaky about getting it when the mood strikes.
- High prey and high play drive.
- Loves to play ball and run around. Also swims but not his first choice of things to do.
- Very smart and driven by treats, which makes it easy to train him; doing well with sledding.
- Loves being groomed and allows his nails to be trimmed, although with some hesitation.
- Has no food or body issues with a trusted person, but will think nothing of quickly swallowing whatever it is Juno has in his mouth.
- Best walked with a Haltie.
- Great with other dogs.
- Having a hard time kicking the habit of coprophagy (eating feces).
- Needs an active outdoors type family.
- Requires plenty of daily exercise.
- Would be a wonderful dog with older kids who could match his energy level.
- NO CATS.
- A fenced yard is a must for Juno.
- Has never lived in a house, so house training and dog-proofing will be necessary.
- Need to be diligent about not leaving things laying around that he can chew.
- Only positive reinforcement should be used to train and interact with this dog