Breed: Alaskan Sled Dog
Birthday: July 15, 2006
Rescued: August 17, 2008
Passed: December 13, 2017
Blood Donor: N/A
- Friendly with strangers but will keep his distance until he feels comfortable.
- Treat driven, so it’s easy to win him over.
- Likes to learn and enjoys training; does some tricks and doing well with sledding.
- Has high play drive; loves being outdoors, playing ball, running and swimming.
- Loves toys but has a tendency to chew and swallow pieces of the toy.
- Needs to be monitored with any objects.
- Has no issues with grooming.
- Has high prey drive.
- Needs an active family.
- Accustomed to living with a pack, he will not be happy in a single dog household unless there was always someone around and he is included in all aspects of the human’s life.
- He is very submissive with humans but can be a bit of an instigator with other dogs.
- Generally, Mylo gets along with female dogs very well.
- Requires plenty of daily exercise.
- Older kids who understand his shyness would be great in helping him burn off his energy with play.
- NO CATS.
- A fenced yard is a must for Mylo.
- Has never lived in a house, so house training and dog-proofing will be necessary.
- Only positive reinforcement should be used to train and interact with this dog.