Breed: Alaskan Sled Dog
Birthday: February 14, 2007
Rescued: August 17, 2008
Blood Donor: Yes
- Confident, outgoing and trusting.
- She has received only a little training in skijoring but shows real promise.
- She is comfortable in a harness and stays focused when pulling.
- High food, play and prey drive.
- Not the best with dogs outside her pack; Skye is currently the pack leader.
- Shows no aggression or interest in other dogs when Skye is by herself.
- Very smart and energetic; loves to run, cuddle, play and train.
- Will put up with grooming for a short time but gets squirmy and wants to pursue other interests.
- Needs an active family to lavish her with attention.
- Accustomed to living with a pack, she will not be happy in a single dog household unless there was always someone around and Skye is included in all aspects of the human’s life.
- Requires plenty of daily exercise.
- Would benefit from the high energy levels of older children.
- NO CATS.
- A high fenced yard is a must. Keep gates secured. Given the opportunity she will run off to explore.
- Although she does not currently lead an indoor lifestyle, she has been in houses and on sleepovers on numerous occasions.
- She is housetrained and would adapt very well to an indoor/outdoor life.
- Only positive reinforcement should be used to train and interact with this dog.