Birthday: January 15, 2012
Rescued: June 29, 2013
Re-Homed: December 1, 2014
- A smart girl that likes to explore and learn new things.
- Fast learner, Zena has basic obedience.
- Loves attention and cuddling.
- Very motivated by play.
- Loves to swim and play in water.
- Enjoys one-on-one activities such as training, agility practice, and games (“pick a hand” and “find it”).
- Reacts to high energy dogs negatively, proper introduction is essential for Zena.
- Best suited to be with another dog that is calm/submissive (after proper introduction).
- Some “bad manners” of jumping up and some gentle mouthing. Improving daily with guidance.
- No food, toy or territorial aggression.
- Can be jealous of sharing affection.
- Crate trained.
- Experience with large breeds, especially Rottweiler’s.
- Not suited for a home with small children.
- Would require an active owner to take her on walks and provide stimulating activities, such as playing ball and swimming. Zena would be a good running partner.
- Very much a people dog. Best suited to a home that has someone around for most of the day, although not to become too dependant, also needs time alone.
- High prey drive, not suited for a home with cats.